Learn the basics about AI as a Service (AIaaS).
We have heard about Software as a service (SaaS), Infrastructure as a service (IaaS), Platform as a service, and so on. These are some examples of common services that everyone from the tech environment has already heard of, but things started to change in the past years.
With the fast change in the market and the amount of data that are collected from companies, they are now starting to embrace the newly (compared to others) emerging service, Artificial Intelligence as a service (AIaaS), rising in popularity along with Artificial Intelligence.
Artificial Intelligence and Data analytics can be used to get insight into the target customers, create products that better fit the market demands, automate part of the production, and so on, making organizations wanting to use Artificial Intelligence to improve their business. But to invest in AI in the past was too difficult, too expensive, and unfair to small and medium companies to take advantage of. Now everything changed, with cloud services getting more and more improvements, made more accessible for companies to use AI software, by getting it from a third-party vendor.
AIaaS, in a simple definition, is a cloud-based service provided by a third-party, that allows users to use AI technologies and test Machine Learning (ML) algorithms. There are many usages of AIaaS and some of them are: creating chatbots, cognitive computing Application Programming Interfaces (APIs), machine learning services, etc.
There are four primary Infrastructure providers for AIaaS, such as Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, IBM Cloud, and Amazon Web Services (AWS). The Benefits that AIaaS provides are:
1. More Accessible: Different from the past were investing in AI was expensive, small companies now can start using AI systems, all because AIaaS makes it more accessible and less expensive.
2. No More Time Waste: Because of its power, companies want to use more AI in their day-to-day, by doing that (starting from scratch), it was too much time consuming to build and implement the service. With AIaaS, companies are able in an easier way to apply AI technologies in their day-to-day operations.
3. More Flexible: Companies, as it gets used to AIaaS, can decide if they want to scale the AI technology usage up or down as needed.
4. Reusable: Make your AI solution reusable for the largest number of customers in the cloud.
5. Maximize the value: by engaging the largest number of stakeholders in the value chain.